Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Temple Fire Company #1. Below is some information that we believe may be of use to persons considering membership. For an application, please stop by the firehouse on a Thursday night between 7 pm & 10 pm, or call the firehouse at 610-929-8050. We are located at 4963 Kutztown Rd Temple, PA 19560.
FIRE / RESCUE AND EMS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE, BUT VOLUNTEERING CAN BE
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
- To join as a Junior FF you must be at least the age of 16. ( We follow the PA State Child Laber Laws)
- Anyone who joins after the age of 21 must join our social club 1st.
- Obtain an application and go through the process of learning our apparatus & equipment locations.
- You will be given a set of structural firefighting gear and a pager to alert you of our dispatches.
- You will be required to take classes and a time frame for that will be provided to you. Classes are at the expense of the Fire Company if completed and passed.
- Example of classes needed are and not limited to CPR / AED, Haz-Mat Operations, Complete the 4 modules for firefighting.